Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Beginning

Before I begin I should clarify the title of my blog. I am using the "Belief in Progress" title to refer to me as an individual. I do not believe that mankind is evolving and progressing for the better as we gain knowledge. The 20th century should have settled that. There will be no kingdom on earth...no utopia. However I do have a belief in the progress of the individual because God has promised us that. We are to grow and mature as we walk in His steps...Christians believe we're in the process of being made holy which we call sanctification.

This is my first attempt at a blog therefore I expect there will be errors which will be an opportunity to learn. But that is OK. I am a senior lady who believes that life is a journey and that I must keep learning, changing, and improving. This life is temporary and fleeting, but I want to grow through the process as I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." (NIV)
Romans 12:2

My posts will probably be random as I begin. I am at a transition stage in my life--a new season. I have learned lessons over the years that I want to share, and I have new and old challenges that I need to work through. I have been doing much thinking lately about the formation of habits. More about that in later posts. For now I want to establish the habit of putting my thoughts in writing to help me to see more clearly what I do believe and what I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment